If you’re in Roseburg, OR and need to ship a package before Christmas, Goin’ Postal is here to help.
- Check the shipping address. Double-check that the address includes all the necessary information, such as the recipient’s full name, house number, street name, suite/unit/floor, city, and zip code.
- Pack your gift securely. Use plenty of packing materials to protect the contents of your package. Make sure that you can’t hear the item rattling around inside. We always have packing paper, styrofoam peanuts, and bubble wrap on hand. And we’re always happy to help with packing your items securely if you need an expert’s touch.
- Select the perfect box. The right size for a box is one that securely holds all of your items in place without the need for excess packing materials. If you’re not sure, ask a retail associate for help.
- Use one box. If you’re sending multiple gifts to the same location, make sure those gifts are packaged together in the same box to save money on the shipping costs.
- Make sure your package is insured. Goin’ Postal offers insurance for packages that are lost or damaged during transit. There is an additional cost, but it’s well worth it. Packages do occasionally get lost and damaged in transit. While we do our best to keep your items safe, it’s still a good idea to purchase the added protection.
- Separate perishable items or liquids. If you’re shipping anything that can spoil, freeze, or leak during transit, please do not ship it inside a regular package. These types of items should be sent separately in special packaging.
- Send it before the last collection time on Wednesday, December 22nd. Don’t wait until the last minute to send gifts this holiday season. Next-day shipping is a lot more expensive than the standard options that take 3-7 business days to arrive.
- Ship it! Goin’ Postal offers a variety of shipping options, including USPS, FedEx, UPS, and DHL. And we always compare rates between the carriers to get you the best rate on every package.
We hope this holiday shipping guide was helpful. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask a member of the Goin’ Postal team. We’re here to help you get your package to its destination in time for the holidays.
Thank you for choosing Goin’ Postal! Have a happy holiday season!